I’ve been praying and asking the Lord to reveal to me a word I am to hang onto for 2016. I heard the next word just the way I am going to type it: “plan-T.” I’m going to be in a planning/planting season.
Over the weekend a friend posted an invitation to join her in a writing group called #write365 on Facebook. The challenge is to be intentional about writing. Start with writing down your goals for the year. (This is a BIGGIE for me!) Then… Write. Yes, write something, write anything, every single day of 2016.
Just to be sure I’ll keep my commitment I’ve committed to be the Admin for our writing group. (Read: SO EXCITED!)
My blog began as a thing of passion. My work an act of obedience as I felt God calling me to “Write in a book all the words I, the Eternal, the God of Israel, have said to you.” – Jeremiah 30:2 (VOICE*) I found myself going back to my blog again and again to write, share my heart and tell the story of Jesus through my own story daily. I read other blogs and participated in writing memes.
Eventually I moved back into full time vocational ministry and my blog began to stagnate and grew dormant. I need to start over. So here today I’m making a commitment toward 2016: I will write every day for 365 days in 2016.
My 2016 Writing Goals Include:
- Writing daily.
- Encourage, support and be accountable to other writers on my #write365 I Team. (AKA: Inspired Influencers)
- Intentionally sharing my writing with friends, followers and fans on Facebook and Twitter and other social media outlets 3-5 times a week.
- Updating my blog twice a week with original, new content.
- Submitting an original article once a month beginning January 15 to the online magazine SingleMatters.com
- Completing my book manuscript on forerunning by June 30, 2016.
- Publishing my book by August 31, 2016.
- On December 31, 2016 celebrating with the dozen women I’ve journeyed through the year in writing with as we conclude a year of written words and review the way we have met and exceeded our writing goals for 2016.
Will you join me on the journey by liking my blog, subscribing to it’s content and praying for me on this journey of faith, discovery and purpose as an inspired writer and servant of the Most High God?
Looking forward to a year full of challenge, community and accountability as I embrace this new opportunity. Thank you for being in this with me as readers, friends, followers or fans. Without you this would all be nothing but a chasing after the wind. Here is to a 2016 full of adventure and Life to the Full.
*Scripture taken from The Voice™. Copyright © 2008 by Ecclesia Bible Society. Used by permission. All rights reserved.